Hello Hump Day! Read on for midweek highlights and the lowdown on what to see and where to go!
Chef John and Chef Michaele are cooking up something special in the Ferguson test kitchen. Take an Alfa Romeo for a test drive and enter a sweepstakes to win a Stelvio SUV. Don’t miss the following lectures at the CAMP: The Work of Roberto Burle Marx ($10), Michigan Modern: An Architectural Legacy ($10). Tickets are available at the CAMP Theater door starting 15 minutes prior to the event. Stay later for a cocktail an yet another serving of Modernism with a Twist ($45).
TALKS + EXHIBITIONS
This is the perfect time to stay indoors with a few of Modernism Week’s talks and exhibitions. Don’t miss The Frost House lecture ($12) about the perfectly produced prefab life of the 1960s, or Raymond Loewy, Industrial Designer: What a Life! ($12). Also check out Walter S. White: A Sojourn in the Desert at the Jocelyn Center (free).
Get the scoop on the upcoming events you don’t want to miss.
- Just a few tickets are available for the Icons of Fashion and Finance walking tour (2/22)
- Go check out the St. Theresa School Student Modernism Projects (2/22)
- Go check out Hollywood Revisited, a musical extravaganza (2/22)
- Don’t miss the Star Dedication for Palm Springs celebrity, socialite, and humanitarian Nelda Linsk (2/22)
- Attend the Aluminaire Benefit (2/23)
- Snag your pass now for the first-ever Architecture Design Art Film Festival (2/23)