Every day is #ThrowbackThursday in Palm Springs! Check out today’s events you don’t want to miss.
Learn to redefine your outdoor space during Midcentury Garden Design for the Modern Home ($10), followed by a signing of Ethne Clark’s book. Learn about Verner Panton’s innovative designs ($10). Get a copy of Danish Modern: Between Art and Design signed by author Mark Mussari. Catch cooking demos and tastings with Thermador chefs at the Ferguson kitchen. Book a free consultation with a Dunn-Edwards Paints color specialist. Don a pair of Virtual Reality glasses and try designing your own Corian® kitchen. Stay through happy hour for Mod with a Twist: Mod Dreams ($45). Sign up to test drive an Alfa Romeo, where every ride results in a $20 donation to the Modernism Week scholarship fund.
PALM SPRINGS WALK OF STARS
You’ve seen her in Slim Aarons’ iconic “Poolside Gossip” photograph, at CAMP meeting and greeting guests during Modernism Week, and around the city in a number of philanthropic and community-oriented events. We’re honored to recognize the achievements of humanitarian Nelda Linsk during a special dedication ceremony on the Palm Springs Walk of Stars today at 2pm.
It’s a great day to explore the city from the best seat in town. Head to CAMP to snag a last-minute spot on a Premier Double Decker Architectural Bus Tour ($95).
TALKS + FREE EXHIBITIONS
Stay indoors with a few of Modernism Week’s talks and exhibitions. Today’s must-see presentations include Snøhetta / Beautiful Function ($12), Secrets, Lies and Wallpaper: The Life and Designs of Florence Broadhurst ($12), and The Desert As Muse ($25). Also check out Walter S. White: A Sojourn in the Desert at the Jocelyn Center (free), Donald Wexler: An Architectural Legacy (free), and the St. Theresa School Student Modernism Projects (free).
Get the scoop on the upcoming events you don’t want to miss.
- Don’t miss these talks, presentations and lectures!
- Recreate “Poolside Gossip” with The Lady in Yellow herself, Nelda Linsk, at CAMP from 10am to 12pm (2/24 and 2/25). She will also be Sharing about the iconic photograph at a special reception at Grace Home (2/24).
- Party at the Marrakesh Country Club during Midday at the Oasis (2/23)
- Tour the Loewy House and support efforts to reconstruct the 1931 Aluminaire (2/23)
- Catch the debut tour of Sunrise Lanai: The Miracle in the Desert (2/23)
- See Temple Isaiah, the architectural masterpiece designed by E. Stewart Williams and Donald Wexler (2/23)
- Tickets still available for the first-ever Architecture Design Art Film Festival (2/23)
- Get inspired at the Modernism Week Showcase Home – Moroccan Modern (2/23 and 2/24)