Your weekend guide to the Palm Springs scene, and where to be seen.
Cocktail culture is real in Palm Springs. If you’re in town for Modernism Week and all dressed up with nowhere to go, here’s a handy round-up of parties. Don your best baubles and go sip some bubbles in a few of Palm Springs most beautiful homes.
Kick the weekend off in style at some of these stylish soirees. Tickets are still available. Just pop by CAMP to get on the list.
- Mrs. Lilien’s Haiku Rendez Vous – Start your afternoon off right with professional hostess Mrs. Lilien and the crew at Haiku Home at this stunning desert manse. Tickets are $40.
- Modernism With a Twist – The cheeky modernists from Makerville host happy hour at CAMP. Tickets for this think and drink event cost $40 and can be purchased at the door at CAMP.
- Retro Martini Party – This is a swanky party at the beautiful Maurice and Dinah (Shore) Smith residence designed by Donald Wexler in 1964 hosted by the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation. Tickets are $250.
There is no reason you shouldn’t be out enjoying the last Saturday of Modernism Week. Pick up a ticket to any one of these parties.
- Sunset Cocktails on Sierra Way – Don’t miss this sunset soiree at a gorgeous home designed by Thomboy Properties and featured on the Modernism Week home tour last weekend. Hosted by KOHLER with special guests, the leading ladies of design from the Women in Design conversation at CAMP. Tickets cost $85.
- South Seas Island Hopping Cocktail Party – Get a peek inside the Royal Hawaiian Estates designed by Donald Wexler and Richard Harrison. Tickets are $100.
- Wouldn’t it be Loverly? A Night at the Loewe Estate – Ascot anyone? A black and white affair at this historic manse honoring Jack Lenor Larsen. Tickets are $150 to $175. Check in at the Riviera Resort and Spa.
- Shag’s “Midcentury Modern” Print Party – Party with Shag in his uptown design district gallery. This is a free event.
You’re hard core. You’ve made it to the end of Modernism Week with us. Now, celebrate accordingly.
- Last Call with Charles Phoenix – You can party with Charles Phoenix at CAMP and eat his cake too! The pop culture icon hosts a reception for Modernism Week die hards and tops it off by cutting a super special cake confection by Jake’s. Tickets are $60.
- The Christopher Kennedy Show House Wrap Party & Polynesian Luau – As is tradition now, Christopher Kennedy hosts the wrap party for his eponymous show house at Toucans Tiki Lounge. The designer will be on hand to sign copies of his California Modern book. This event is free.