Cheers to the weekend, modernistas! If you haven’t finalized your Saturday itinerary, here are some events that you should definitely add to today’s schedule!
CAMP is always the best place to start the day. Thermador Chef Stephen Wambach will be cooking up a storm in the Ferguson kitchen. Learn about the Commercial Buildings of Hugh Kaptur: Palm Springs Architectural Legend ($10). Hang out towards the back of CAMP for the “Poolside Gossip” Photo Opportunity with Nelda Linsk (free). Don’t miss Meet the Authors: Modernism Week Book Signings (free). And to top it all off, stay for happy hour at Mod with a Twist: Mod Dreams ($45).
FILM + SHOWS
At CAMP you can snag a last-minute spot on the Premier Double Decker Architectural Bus Tour ($95). Don’t miss the Sacred Places – Self Driving Tour of Midcentury Churches ($40) or the Steel & Glass 2018 Home Tour ($35). You can still get tickets at the door for the following home tours: Modernism Week Showcase Home: Moroccan Modern ($40), West Elm Pool House (free), Sunmor Estates Midcentury Home Tour ($65), Da Vaal Estates Home Tour ($50), and Meiselman Midcentury Home Tour throughout Palm Springs ($65).
TALKS + EXHIBITIONS
Visit the Donald Wexler: An Architectural Legacy exhibition (free) and the Walter S. White Exhibition: A Sojourn in the Desert (free). Enjoy a leisurely Architectural Bike Ride (South) (free with RSVP). Listen to Dutch photographer Iwan Baan’s talk, Shadow of the Sun ($25). Learn how to shake, stir, and enjoy libations at Seymour’s American Classics Mixology Seminar ($55).
If you didn’t catch Nelda Linsk at CAMP, catch her at the Grace Home Gallery Opening Reception. Celebrate the expansion of the Shag store at Shag’s Print Release & Architectural Images Party with Martini Kings Playing Live (free). Enjoy an evening of architecture and art at The Hideaway, the quintessential midcentury hotel in Palm Springs’ Tennis Club neighborhood (free).
- See all of the Instagram-worthy homes on the Palm Springs Door Tour & Cocktails with Dunn-Edwards and Palm Springs Style (2/25)
- Discover The Lautner Compound – a collection of three masterfully restored boutique properties (2/25)
- Missed the bus tours with Charles Phoenix? You can still meet the “Ambassador of Americana” with a special talk, Q&A, and book signing at CAMP (2/25)
- Cap off the weekend with another full day of award-winning films during the Architecture Design Art Film Series (2/25)
- Wind down with an afternoon of jazz with cellist Kye Marshall (2/25).