New to Fall Preview? Been putting off your travel plans until the last minute? Fear not, procrastinators. We’ve got your eleventh-hour plans covered with this handy guide!
Itchy thumbs, chronic refreshing of your Instagram feed, and a need for trigger warnings around dreamy photos of poolside cocktails, desert landscapes, and stunning midcentury homes – if these symptoms sound familiar to you, you may be suffering from an acute case of FOMO (fear of missing out). Luckily for you, it’s not too late to keep the Fall Preview FOMO at bay. Read on for our guide to all the events you can still get tickets to, places to stay, where to eat, and more. Doctor’s orders!
Enjoy a rare opportunity to step inside some of the city’s most memorable residences.
- Cul-de-Sac Experience (October 21)
- Essentials of Palm Springs Home Tour (October 20)
- Framed Spaces Home Tour (October 20)
- Frey House II Tours (October 19, 20, 21)
- Modernism Week Featured Home: Green Gables (October 20, 21)
- Modernism Week Featured Home: La Vie en Rose (October 19, 20, 21)
- Walker Guest House Replica Tour (October 18, 19, 20, 21)
Take your time and see the sights by foot. Discover the neighborhoods that have made Palm Springs the ultimate mecca for modernism.
- Boom Town the Story of Uptown Palm Springs (October 18, 19, 21)
- Celebrity Haven the Tennis Club Neighborhood (October 18, 20, 21)
- Fall Preview Architectural Bike Ride (October 20)
- Frank Sinatra’s Neighborhood the Movie Colony (October 18, 20, 21)
- Heart of the City (October 18, 19, 20, 21)
- Hidden Paradise Show Biz Legends in the Mesa (October 18, 19, 20, 21)
- Icons of Fashion and Finance (October 19, 20)
- Inns, Architecture and Glamour (October 18)
- Rat Pack Playground Modernist Homes in Vista Las Palmas (October 18, 20, 21)
- Stars and Starchitects in Deepwell (October 18, 19, 20, 21)
Learn home tips and tricks from today’s leading design experts.
- Special Interior Design Presentation at the “Green Gables” Featured Home (October 19)
- Special Renovation Presentation at a Hugh Kaptur Desert Park Estates Home (October 20)
Experience the best in 20th century design, all in one place.
- Casual Concours, The Desert’s Fabulous Midcentury Car Show (October 20)
- Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale – Fall Edition (October 20, 21)
Come dressed to impress in your midcentury best!
- The Best of Mod With a TWIST (October 18, 19, 20)
- Laid Back & Leisure with a Modern Twist (October 21)
- Preview Party for Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale – Fall (October 19)
- Shag’s Fall Preview Print Release Party with Martini Kings Playing Live! (October 20)
- NOD TO MOD a dinner event by PS UNDERGROUND (October 20, 21)
Where to Stay
Spaces are limited but several hotels and vacation rentals may still have rooms available. Whether you’re looking for a single room in the heart of downtown, or an entire home with a spacious backyard, there’s something for every style, budget, and location. Click here for the full list of places to stay in town.
Where to Eat
These are just a few of our favorite places to grab a bite, enjoy a drink, and kick back with friends between events.
- 4 Saints
- AC3 Restaurant + Bar
- Chi Chi
- El Jefe
- Jake’s Palm Springs
- Juniper Table
- Kaiser Grille
- King’s Highway & The Amigo Room
- Lulu California Bistro
- Mr. Lyons
- Rocco’s Electric
- Spencer’s Restaurant