New to Fall Preview? Been putting off your travel plans until the last minute? Fear not, procrastinators. We’ve got your eleventh-hour plans covered with this handy guide.
Itchy thumbs, chronic refreshing of your Instagram feed, and a need for trigger warnings around dreamy photos of poolside cocktails, desert landscapes, and stunning midcentury homes – if these symptoms sound familiar to you, you may be suffering from an acute case of FOMO (fear of missing out).
Luckily for you, it’s not too late to keep the Fall Preview FOMO at bay. Read on for our guide to all the events you can still get tickets to, places to stay, where to eat, and more. Doctor’s orders!
Enjoy a rare opportunity to step inside some of the city’s most memorable residences.
- Discover Albert Frey’s 1935 Guthrie House – Tours and Sunset Reception (October 19)
- Frank Sinatra’s “Twin Palms” Estate Tour (October 17)
- Frey House II Tours (October 20)
- John and Bessie Macy Residence Tour (October 19)
- Modernism Week Featured Home Tour: Axiom Desert House (October 18, 19, 20)
- Santorini House Tours and a Twilight Tour and Cocktail Reception (October 19)
- Sunnylands Historic House Tour (October 18)
- The Lautner Compound Tour (October 20)
- Walker Guest House Replica Tour (October 17, 18, 19, 20)
Bus + Neighborhood Tours
Discover the neighborhoods that have made Palm Springs the ultimate mecca for modernism.
- Celebrity Haven – Unique Boutique Resorts (October 17, 18, 19, 20)
- Cul-de-Sac Experience (October 20)
- Give Me Shelter Home Tour (October 19)
- Heart of the City – Women Built this Town (October 17, 18, 19, 20)
- Hidden Paradise – Show Biz Legends Hideaway (October 20)
- Hot Purple Energy’s Architectural Bike Ride (October 19)
- Marvels of Modernism Masters (October 18, 20)
- Midcentury Showcase – Shangri-La of the Stars (October 20)
- Modernist Treasures – Lush Living on the Links (October 17, 19, 20)
- Palm Springs City of Diversity Home Tour (October 19)
- Premier Double Decker Architectural Bus Tour (October 20)
- Uptown Design District – Three Eras of Revival (October 17, 18, 19, 20)
Talks + Special Events
Gain insight from today’s leading design experts, tour historic structures, and enjoy a festive atmosphere during these must-see Fall Preview events.
- All Museum Member’s Welcome Back and Open House (October 19)
- Bold & Beautiful: Designing with Color in the Desert (October 20)
- Fire Station #4 Open House (October 19)
- Recognizing Modernist Architect Hugh Michael Kaptur (October 18)
- Smart Remodeling + How to be a Good Modernist Neighbor (October 19)
- The Architecture of Hugh Michael Kaptur (October 20)
Experience the best in 20th century design, all in one place.
- Casual Concours XI, the Desert’s Fabulous Midcentury Car Show (October 19)
- Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale Fall Edition (October 19, 20)
Come dressed to impress in your midcentury best!
- Best of Mod with a TWIST (October 17, 18, 19)
- Charles Phoenix Book Signing Party for “Holiday Jubilee” (October 18)
- Past Meets Present at the American Legion (October 19)
- Preview Party for the Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale Fall Edition (October 18)
- Midcentury Mixology Cocktail Clinic at Mr. Lyon’s (October 18, 19)
- NOD TO MOD (October 17, 18, 19)
- Shag’s October Modernism Print Release Party for “The Odd Bird” (October 19)
Where to Stay
Spaces are limited but several hotels and vacation rentals may still have rooms available. Whether you’re looking for a single room in the heart of downtown, or an entire home with a spacious backyard, there’s something for every style, budget, and location. Click here for the full list of places to stay in town.
Where to Eat
These are just a few of our favorite places to grab a bite, enjoy a drink, and kick back with friends between events.
- 4 Saints
- AC3 Restaurant + Bar
- Chi Chi
- El Jefe
- Jake’s Palm Springs
- Juniper Table
- Kaiser Grille
- King’s Highway & The Amigo Room
- Lulu California Bistro
- Mr. Lyons
- Rocco’s Electric
- Spencer’s Restaurant